- Unsalted [Salt‐free] butter 150g
- Powdered sugar (Icing sugar) 50g
- Wheat flour（Weak flour）180g
- Almond powder 50g
or diced cut almond 50g
or sliced almond 50g
＊I used sliced almond this time.
- A little bit more powdered sugar for sprinkle over
How to make Snowball Cookies
- First put butter in a bowl.
Wait until the butter warms to room temperature.
- Mix butter with a whisk or mixer until creamy.
- When the butter becomes creamy, sift powdered sugar and add the butter.
Mix this with a whisk or mixer until it is smooth again.
- Sift in a little of the flour then fold the mixture using a rubber supatula in a cutting action.
Repeat this step several times until all the flour is used and well mixed.
- Pour in the almond powder.
＊I used crushed slice almond this time.
＊Specialy in summer time, the cookie dough can get sticky. If this happens, put it in the refrigerator and cool it for a while, it will be easier to shape it into balls after this.
- Heat oven to 338°F. ( 170℃ )
- Shape Cookie dough into 1.5~2cm ( 0.6~0.8 inch ) balls.
Arrange balls on a paraffin paper covered board.
＊Instead of paraffin paper, it is also possible to use butter on a plate with aluminum foil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Sprinkle over powdered sugar on cookie when still warm, and again when cooled.
My 6 years old niece helped me.
Butter on a plate with aluminum foil.
Dough which I put in the refrigerator once.
Twice the amount of this recipe.
Cookie dough shaped into balls by my 6 years old niece.
- This is my mom's recipe.
- I baked it in 22 minutes this time.
- I love these cookies.
1CAD = 85.4yen（July 18, 2018）